day 206 - lamona & beezus $

Three weeks ago, I took Ava to the grocery store. I told her she could pick out a treat for herself because she had been good and had helped me around the house. Most kids would pick a bag of chips...maybe a chocolate bar. Ava picked out a bag of 20 dinner rolls because they would make the best peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Last week, I asked her if she wanted to go to the movies again and she immediately said yes. We started watching movie trailers online so she could pick the movie she wanted to see. Despicable Me...too scary. Toy Story 3...nope. Her choice was Ramona & Beezus (or "Lamona & Beezus" as she calls it). It won her vote the second she saw Ramona fall inside a large peanut butter sandwich and I was on board having read the Beverly Cleary series when I was a kid.

So today we went to see the movie with my sister and mom and we had a great time. It was a great movie and it was worth the price of admission alone just watching Ava laugh and smile as she watched the movie.



P.S. Attn: Guelph Galaxy - your sign has a typo. WAY TO GO GULEPH!!! ;)

Here's one last picture for the day that was taken by my sister. The movie reminded me of Ava throughout but there was one point that really reminded me. One of the school kids was teasing Ramona about what she was wearing and she said "my mother lets me pick out my own clothes." That perfectly sums up where we are at right now. Rarely do I pick out outfits for Ava anymore. She won't let me. Sure she looks a little odd wearing a striped fleece scarf and four pair of socks in July but who am I to question her fashion choices?

Here I am with my little Ramona who isn't afraid to colour outside the lines.



Comments